Monday, February 25, 2008

Hamily Fone Evening or Bust!


Um, bust?! When Monday rolls around the kids are always really excited about 'Hamily Fone Evening'. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared and had to pull something off. Luckily I had pulled some chicken out of the freezer last night and was able to throw together a decent dinner accompanied by Lion House rolls.

On the way home I stopped at Deseret Book and picked up a DVD (lame, I know). The DVD was supposed to be about babies leaving Heavenly Father and coming to earth in various countries. Seems perfect, right? Um, no. Frankly it was just weird and left even the children confused and giggling. Not exactly what I was going for.

We resorted to reading the Friend magazine. I picked up three copies today just in case the DVD was less than effective. We made some cookies with Reeses Pieces and drew pictures like the ones that had been sent in to the Friend. It ended up working out okay and served as a really strong reminder to be prepared! I know better.

On the B Side: Sometimes I feel like I am learning the same lessons over and over again but if I have to keep 'learning' than apparently I am not really learning anything at all! I am thankful for these subtle reminders that prod me to be much like a boy scout...PREPARED! I strongly believe that you get out of life what you put into it. Time for me to pick up the pace!

2 shout outs:

also known as shell said...

you have to send in those pictures to the magazine! Get those kids published!

bv said...

That's a great idea, oreo cookie head! Perhaps we will ;)