Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week in Review

Oddly enough I find that I do not post when I am stressed simply because my anxiety tends to get the best of me yet at the same time writing and processing my thoughts/words is so cathartic for me. At any rate, it was a busy week full of ups and downs and I am so grateful that it is Saturday!

We had Kayla with us all week as her Mother was out of town. The kids all played and had a great time but I'll admit the fact that K Mo had an activity every night (and on Saturday) was frustrating and seems excessive for a little person who desparately needs help in other critical areas. This on top of working full time, managing two other little people and being 7 months pregnant was a challenge. Luckily Mark stepped it up and took care of her schedule and it was really, really good for both he and his daughter.

Monday for Cinco de Mayo we invited Grandma Sugar up for dinner. It was fun for the kids to see her as it's been a while. My Mom also came over to watch the kids swim so that was really nice, too. Afterwards Shell and Chantel stopped by and let it be noted that Shell has officially been demoted as Chantel is the new 'cool' person in the kids lives! She's young, has the energy of a cyclone and plays non-stop with our giggly little bunch! She works with young children up at the U and is definitely in the right field! Even Ellie was hanging on her and begging for hugs!!!

Tuesday I drug some of the girls to see Ironman. Yes, this was the 2nd time for me and I enjoyed it just as much! It was refreshing to have a small, impromptu girls night out and I got to meet Sarah's cute Rena and yes I would like to keep her!!

Tuesday night I couldn't sleep to save my life as we were meeting with Dayton's Pulmonary/Respiratory MD in the AM. The three page report we got back from his intrinsic sleep study was disturbing to say the least and the appt ended up being over 2 hours long. The Doc was super informative and helped us to understand what is going on and just how serious the problems are. The afternoon consisted of a trip for Primary Children's Medical Center and that was no fun at all for Dayton or myself but a necessary evil.

Thursday was a mindless nightmare of small serial circumstances. I did fail my glucose test and have protein in my urine. Monday I will spend my day at St. Mark's doing hourly blood draws and such. Thankfully I can take my laptop, air card and just work from there to keep my sanity. Doc said I'm dehydrated and really need to be careful.

Friday we meet with a clinician for got Dayton set up with his CPAP gear. Dayton was a complete and total champ! He was so brave and so involved and did so amazingly well. He started his CPAP therapy last night and Mommy Amy said he did awesome and went right to sleep. It's still hard for me to know that this is now a permanent part of his little life. I keep reminding myself that it will help him tremdendously, that he is far tougher than I give him credit for and that that he is so much more resilient than myself. I am anxious to talk to him this morning.

Friday night Mark and I met up with Marcy and Jeff. We had dinner at the Training Table. While the food was sub-par we did enjoy the company and went back to their place to watch the Jazz game. The Jazz finally pulled it off and will play again on Sunday afternoon. Boozer actually had a good game and I enjoy watching Kobe fall all over himself on the deck.

I took Kayla's old bike over to Ellie's Dad's this week as they go on bike rides and such (when it isn't snowing in MAY!!). I was sad when Ellie called with a less than pleasant experience she had with the bike and her Dad and was reminded all over again how hard it is to share and not be there for their little heart aches. Again, Mommy Amy is a life saver and I need not be reminded of just how lucky the kids and I are to have her.

I actually got to touch base with my Dad during the week which is unusal these days given his new job. It's definitely been an adjustment as for years we have spoke daily. His perspective and life experiences are always enriching and I really enjoy hearing about the good he does. His heart and soul are in invested in the good of others and he is extremely gifted and able to make such a difference in the lives of even the most troubled/violent young adults. I could not do what he does and so admire his heart felt committment and determination.

Today Kayla has yet another activity that we will attend and I will likely be looking at several more homes. I can't tell you how many we saw this last week and while I know it helps us come closer to stability it is exhausting. The sale of our home will be complete this Tuesday so that's good news. I am really lookiing forward to getting the kids established and being permanent. It would be wonderful if we could make this all happen prior to the arrival of our little girl.

I continue to pack things up around the house so that when the next and FINAL move happens we will be more prepared. I am also pushing forward like crazy to further complete my Knowledge Managment project at the office. I want to do a kick A job before I take off for Maternity leave. In the mean time, I am going to enjoy my Saturday, pray for sunshine and kick through some serious laundry!

On the B Side: Being busy and *trying* to stay on top of things is so good for me. I love the daily challenges and the satisfaction that comes when you manage things well as well as the learning that comes when you don't! I love and appreciate the people in my life as they are all such an important piece of the big picture. I think it's time for a nap already today.

4 shout outs:

The Lingwalls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

No no! Orem! There are some nice homes around here! Britta please tell Dayton Grandma and Grandpa Stott are so proud of him. Give all the kids a xo for us. We miss you guys too! I hope your GTT turns out ok Monday.
Cynthia

Kristin said...

Wow! Need I join the throngs of people who want you for a neighbor. I'm certain we're too far from where you want to be, but I can attest to the fact that my neighborhood is the most amazing I've ever experienced.

You amaze me and give me perspective. I've been enjoying a great personal mope and really need to step it up and get over it. I sit here and think my life is too busy, then I read about yours and my neighbors (See Charlie's blog from mine). I really have it great... hopefully it will sink in and I'll be able to do all I should be with a smile instead of tears.

Happy Saturday!

ClancyPants said...

Britta, Britta, Britta...

You are Wonder Woman! All sorts of pregnant and full-time working mom, and running kids all over creation, and ironing Marky's work clothes, and taking on the laundry that just doesn't end, and packing up, and having to have your kids go away to their dads, and having trips to Primary Children's and everything else that I don't even know about...

You are simply amazing. And I simply want you to shut that voice up RIGHT NOW that is trying to disagree with me... I know it's there... but you tell it to go on vacation for a day or twenty!

I love you, dear one.